Static mixers are the unsung heroes of the manufacturing world. They don’t get a lot of attention. They’re never in the spotlight. If they’re doing the job right, you don’t even think about their presence. In fact, static mixers can be found in more places than you may realize.
• Wastewater Treatment – Static mixers are frequently used in treating contaminated water. Whether mixing ozone into a water supply in order to purify it or mixing polymer solutions into sludge flows, the static mixer is a staple of wastewater treatment.
• Food and Beverage – In cooking and heating, static mixers help create an evenly distributed heat source. They’re also in use in many carbonating process for soft drinks and alcoholic beverages. They’re also used in the creation of certain foods such as tomato paste, condiments, margarine, jams, dairy products, and juices.
• Desalination – Static mixers are also instrumental in the process of desalinating water. As population growth continues to put more pressure on dwindling water supplies, the usefulness of this process is evident.
• Plastics – In the creation of polymers, the correct consistency as plastics are being extruded is pivotal. Static mixers ensure that all materials are crafted evenly.
• Oil and Gas Industry – Static mixers can be utilized in the oil and gas industry in everything from acid mixing to tank heating. Excess water is often produced, and static mixers assist in reclaiming water so that it can be reused or repurposed safely without risk of harming the environment.
• Power Generation – Heating and desuperheating steam, ph adjustment, and additive mixing are just a few of the ways that static mixers have become invaluable in the area of power generation.
No matter where you turn, an area business is using static mixers to help create a homogeneous and consistent product.