Sometimes a product doesn’t need to reinvent the wheel in order for it to be innovative. Often, small improvements in the development process can lead to major benefits down the line. Static mixers are just such an example of a product that makes simple changes that have major benefits.
1. Static mixing has a particular benefit for injection molded and extruded products. Static mixers precisely and continuously mix fluids and gas streams, so products that must be maintained in a certain environment until they are applied especially benefit from their use. Adhesives, sealants, chemical processing, and wastewater treatment are some of the most popular applications but certainly not the only ones.
2. Homogenization and consistency are two of the most critical benefits of static mixing. This includes not just the texture and viscosity of the fluid but also its temperature, color, and distribution of additives and raw materials. They ensure that your product is delivered the same way throughout the application process.
3. The static mixer also allows for greater control over the application process. Because the mixing is being done is a very small section of pipe, changes to the mixture ratio or materials can be made quickly and efficiently. In a large mixing mechanism, the entire vat or container would have to be reevaluated and altered, but that’s simply not necessary with a static mixer.
4. Precision shaping of the static mixer also allows for exacting application of the given material. This allows for a tighter seal and greater control.
5. The static mixer meets requirements for absorption, reaction, and heat transfer to ensure that the materials are being delivered according to industry standards.
While they may not be practical for every mixing situation, static mixers are both adaptable and reliable for a wide range of uses.