Custom Tank Heads & Pressure Vessel Heads
Rounded end caps that are welded or fastened to the ends of cylindrically shaped pressure vessels, typically made of metal such as steel or aluminum, tank heads are used to close and seal the ends of a tank, providing a pressure vessel with a secure and stable enclosure.
Komax Systems' ASME tank heads can be used in a wide range of applications, such as in the chemical and petrochemical industries, oil and gas storage, water treatment, as well as in food and beverage processing.
The utility of our tank heads lies in their ability to provide a safe and reliable closure for tanks and pressure vessels that are subjected to high pressures or vacuums. Our tank heads are designed and manufactured to meet strict quality and safety standards, including ASME codes and regulations, and are tested to ensure they can withstand the pressures and stresses they are subjected to.
Tank Head Codes and Specs We Can Fabricate To
- ASME High Crown
- ASME Dished and Flanged Head
Tank Head Sizing
- 11GA – 1/2” Thick
Tank Head Shapes
24” – 120” Outer Diameter
- We can add a 2” knuckle radius 1” SF to a cone with an apex angle greater than 120 degrees
- 100% Dish Radius
- 85% Dish Radius
- 80% Dish Radius
- 10% Dish Radius
- ¾” Knuckle Radius, 1” SF
Dished and Flanged
- 100% Dish Radius, 2” Knuckle Radius, 1” to 1-1/2” SF
- 100% Dish Radius, 6% Knuckle Radius, 1” to 1-1/2” SF
- 85% Dish Radius, 6% Knuckle Radius, 1” to 1-1/2” SF
- 80% Dish Radius, 6% Knuckle Radius, 1” to 1-1/2” SF
- 10% Dish Radius, 1-1/8” Knuckle Radius, 1” to 1-1/2” SF
- 10% Dish Radius, 2” Knuckle Radius, 1” to 1-1/2” SF
Tank Head Materials
- Carbon Steel
- 304 Stainless Steel
- 316 Stainless Steel
- RA601 & RA602
Can manufacture in other special materials based on project needs but must quote in a Best Effort Basis due to the unpredictable nature of the unique material.