Non-Clogging Static Sludge Mixer
Custom Static Mixer
Non-Plugging / Non-Fouling Very low pressure drop):
The KOMAX Hi-Pass™ Sludge Mixer is designed to effectively mix polymer solution into sludge flows prior to dewatering process. Polymer savings in excess of 25% can be achieved. The basis for the mixer design is a set of right rotation elements followed by a set of left rotation elements set at 90 degrees from each other. This is a non-clogging static sludge mixer design as the municipal sludges contain solid and fibrous materials of sufficient quantities and types to accumulate and cause fouling or plugging conditions in standard mixers. This mixer is capable of handling and mixing municipal sludges with solids content up to 5%, and of passing individual solid items with a nominal major diameter up to 25% that of the mixer. It prevents “stapling” of stringy materials in the flow. The pressure drop is 1/3rd to that of the Triple action mixer.
- Polymer Mixing
- secondary Effluent
- diluted polymer
- AQ chemicals
- AQ Chlorine
- Sodium Hypochlorite
- Oily sludge
- polymer solution
- sodium hydro
- Hydrated Lime
- Black Liquor
- pulp sludge
Non-Clogging Mixing Elements (Hi-Pass)
The Komax hi-pass static mixer is specifically designed for high fouling duty or pressure sensitive applications. The most common application is mixing polymer into sludge prior to the dewatering process. The hi-pass mixer has proven excellent mixing with polymer savings of more than 25%.
Technical Specifications and Available Options for Non-clogging Static Sludge Mixers
End Connections & Available Custom Options
- Flanged Ends: Flanged end connections allow for easy mounting of the static mixer into the process pipeline. As a general standard, PVC Hi-pass static mixers have raised face or flat face flanges per ASME B16.5 standards. Komax can also fabricate mixers to contain DIN (metric) flanges as well.
- Threaded Ends: Komax Systems offers male and female NPT end connections on static mixers as required.
- Plain Ends: For custom configuration Komax Systems offers plain end connections on static mixers.
- Injection Port/Quill: An injection port or quill can be added to the static mixer to allow for an additive stream to be injected directly into the static mixer with desired connection type.
*All static mixers are custom made; end connection type can be made per customer request.
Available Materials and Sizes
- Diameter: 1/2″ – 60″
- Standard Metals: Stainless Steel 316, Carbon Steel, Killed Carbon Steel, Low Temp Carbon Steel, Ductile Iron
- Exotic Metals: Chromalloy, Alloy 20, Monel 400, Super Duplex 2507
- Pipe Schedule: Schedule 10-40
Hi-Pass Mixer Table
|Line Size||Overall Length|
|4 Hi-pass Elements||L2 (Inch)|
|*Line Sizes bigger than 10″ are also available upon request|
|*Available in Carbon steel, Stainless Steel, FRP, PVC, CPVC and alloys etc|
Additional Product Details
Our Custom Product Process
Getting a Komax Systems product for your industrial process is simple! To get started, get in contact with us! Give us a call or submit a quote via our website to get your quote started.
Once we receive your request and the information associated with your process one of our sales engineers will reach out to make sure we've got all of the information needed to properly develop your quote. With all the correct information, our sales engineers can populate a unique quote specific to your custom design and your process' needs. Once the quote is finalized it is then paired with a drawing mock-up of your unit to make sure the specifications are to your liking and perfect for your system.
As soon as the quote and drawing are approved your unit is then off to fabrication. While your unit is being manufactured you are kept up to date on its progress and you will be notified once your new Komax Systems product is on its way to you!
Submit Your Request
Fill our out easy online form and get in touch with us!
Talk With Our Experts & Get a Quote!
Our experts will fine tune your quote to meet your projects specifications.
Get a Custom Design of Your Product
Get a sense of what your product will look like and how it will fit into your system.
Fabrication and Shipment of Your Order
Once approved we have the unit manufactured and shipped off to you!