Custody Transfer (CT) Static Mixer for Oil & Gas
Custom Static Mixer
One of the biggest problems with Custody Transfer is the ability to distribute the water and bottom sediments across the crude oil pipeline for accurate crude oil sampling and crude oil metering. Water, being heavier than and immiscible with oil, tends to flow on the bottom of the pipeline, where oil will flow above the water. The Komax Custody Transfer (CT) Static Mixer for oil and gas solves this problem by using the Komax Triple Action Static Mixing Elements configured for a Custody Transfer (CT) arrangement. By ensuring the water and oil are homogeneous and dispersed, the automatic sampler or manual sample probe will be able to take an accurate grab sample from the line and know how much water is in the line to provide an accurate and cost-efficient reading. If the water and bottom sediment is not homogenous across the cross-section, a sample could reflect pure oil, when really there would be some percentage of water in the line, leading to financial losses. It is recommended that the sample port be located between 2 – 4 pipe diameters downstream of the mixer for best sampling or metering results.
- Water & Bottom Sediment
- Crude Oil
- Stabilized Condensate
- Chemical rich amine
- Blending of Oil with Water and Bottom Sediments
- Blending of Naptha with Water and Bottom Sediments
- Combining of Bitumen with Water and Bottom Sediments
- Blending of Butane with Water and Bottom Sediments
- Blending of Ethane with Water and Bottom Sediments
- Combining of Condensate with Water and Bottom Sediments
- Blending of Emulsified Water and Oil With Demulsifier
- Chemical Dosing into a Hydrocarbo Stream
- Blending of Two Immiscible Products
Triple Action Mixing Elements
Installed in a vertical or horizontal pipe, the Komax custom Custody Transfer Static Mixer configures its mixing elements at a 30 degree rotation from vertical centerline. This allows the first element to act as a scoop or ramp for the water to be forced into the middle of the pipeline, where the rest of the mixing elements will be able to increase turbulence and evenly distribute the water across the entire pipe cross-section.
The Komax Custody Transfer Static Mixer also employs a flow straightening vane downstream of the element assembly. The flow straightening vane removes any swirl and axial forces in the line that may remain after traveling through the mixer to ensure that the water and bottom sediments remain suspended and do not get thrown to the pipe wall via centripetal forces (also known as barber poling).
Technical Specifications and Available Options for Custody Transfer (CT) Static Mixers
End Connections & Available Custom Options
- Weld Neck Flanges: The Custody Transfer Static Mixer as a standard, comes with a flange with an extended hub for easy welding (butt welding) to the pipe it is connected to. Weld neck flanges can come with two types of faces: Raised Face (RF) or Ring Type Joint (RTJ).
- NPT Connections: The Custody Transfer Static Mixer can come with NPT ends rather than flanged connections if desired.
Weld Prep Ends: It can come with butt weld ends for weld in installations or installations where custom connections are needed.
- Sampling Port: The Custody Transfer static mixer can come complete with a sampling port to connect a sample probe, densitometer, or viscosimeter. Sampling connections can be either flanged or with NPT connections, depending on customer specifications.
Available Materials and Sizes
- Diameter: ¾” – 48″
- Standard Metals: Standard materials include Carbon Steel (all grades), Stainless Steel (all grades), Low Temp Carbon Steel/SA 333 GRD 6, & Killed Carbon Steel but can also be fabricated in exotic alloys such as Hastelloy, Inconel, Monel, Titanium, etc.
- Pipe Schedule: Pipe schedule is determined based on the customer specifications or design code specified. Komax assumes ASME B31.3 if no design code is specified.
Custody Transfer Static Mixer Sizing Table
|2 Elements||Overall Weight LBS|
|Line Size||Overall Length||150#||300#|
|1 1/2″||5 1/2″||11||16|
|Weld Prep Ends|
|2 Elements with Sample Port||Overall Weight LBS|
|Line Size||L1||L2||L3 for 150#||L3 for 300#||150#||300#|
|3″||25″||7 1/4″||5 3/4″||6″||43||49|
|4″||29″||8″||6 1/4″||6 1/2″||59||76|
|6″||39″||8 5/8″||7 5/16″||7 9/16″||103||137|
|8″||48″||9 1/4″||8 5/16″||8 9/16″||176||232|
|10″||57″||10″||9 3/8″||9 5/8″||283||361|
|12″||67″||10 1/8″||10 3/8″||10 5/8″||416||536|
|14″||73″||10 1/2″||11″||11 1/2″||537||677|
|18″||92″||11 1/4″||13″||13 1/4″||845||1321|
|20″||101″||11 1/2″||14″||14 1/4″||1042||1650|
|3 Elements with Sample Port||Overall Weight LBS|
|Line Size||L1||L2||L3 for 150#||L3 for 300#||150#||300#|
|3″||29″||7 1/4″||5 3/4″||6″||44||72|
|4″||34″||8″||6 1/4″||6 1/2″||59||106|
|6″||47″||8 5/8″||7 5/16″||7 9/16″||103||188|
|8″||58″||9 1/4″||8 5/16″||8 9/16″||176||308|
|10″||69″||10″||9 3/8″||9 5/8″||283||516|
|12″||82″||10 1/8″||10 3/8″||10 5/8″||416||670|
|14″||90″||10 1/2″||11″||11 1/2″||537||827|
|18″||114″||11 1/4″||13″||13 1/4″||845||1384|
|20″||125″||11 1/2″||14″||14 1/4″||1042||1702|
Additional Product Details
Our Custom Product Process
Getting a Komax Systems product for your industrial process is simple! To get started, get in contact with us! Give us a call or submit a quote via our website to get your quote started.
Once we receive your request and the information associated with your process one of our sales engineers will reach out to make sure we've got all of the information needed to properly develop your quote. With all the correct information, our sales engineers can populate a unique quote specific to your custom design and your process' needs. Once the quote is finalized it is then paired with a drawing mock-up of your unit to make sure the specifications are to your liking and perfect for your system.
As soon as the quote and drawing are approved your unit is then off to fabrication. While your unit is being manufactured you are kept up to date on its progress and you will be notified once your new Komax Systems product is on its way to you!
Submit Your Request
Fill our out easy online form and get in touch with us!
Talk With Our Experts & Get a Quote!
Our experts will fine tune your quote to meet your projects specifications.
Get a Custom Design of Your Product
Get a sense of what your product will look like and how it will fit into your system.
Fabrication and Shipment of Your Order
Once approved we have the unit manufactured and shipped off to you!